Friday, June 15, 2018

Creating Backgrounds with Distress Oxide Inks

Hola!


I am so excited to share my new creations with you!
Last December I got a few extra Distress Oxide ink colors 
so I decided to swatch them today - yeap, It's June!

While swatching I decided to create some backgrounds
and try them out. I have not fallen in love with oxide inks, 
so I am going to give myself a chance. 
My biggest thing was I didn't want t buy more paper -
and I did not!! Instead of investing on Yupo Paper
I used Kodak Photo Paper from my stash.
I have had Kodak photo paper since 2010 - never used it! 
I got them for 1 penny at Stapples -
 back when they used to do
the penny sales!

I created three cards and they look very different
although I used the same elements.

I loved creating these backgrounds so much I will be making a video soon.
Here they are!!

Card 1. Multicolored
I created this card right after swatching so all the colors 
were still on my mat. No waste!!!
While swatching I realized my brand new black oxide is completely dry :(
What a disappointment. 
Nothing I can do I guess, since I purchased it in December.

Background dies (Left) Birch Press Design 
and MFT You're Rawr-some


This next close up shows the dimension on this card. 
I chose to glue the tree straight to the paper,
the dino on the right has one level of foam squares,
and the dino on the left has two levels of foam squares.
I was hand delivering this card so it didn't matter how thick it got.
However, it was very tricky to get it inside of the envelope - so keep that in mind.

Check out the Wink of Stella on the dinos!!
And the colorful NUVO drops all over the background!

 


Card 2. Shades of Greens
I think this one is my favorite! I love both backgrounds, 
but I like how I used black card stock to mat my images.

Cutting the images:
I used my Scan N Cut 2 to cut the images and then created a shadow using 
black and Stampin Up Bermuda Bay. I do love this feature, which is why I thinks
the SNC 2 is a great investment.
Plus I no longer buy sets of stamp and dies together - saving me some cash!


Dimension galore!
The same oxide inks were used for cards 2 and 3. Here they are.



Card 3. Simpler background

Card 3 was created from what distress oxide ink colors
were left on my mat from creating Card 2.

I wasn't sure if I had enough, but I really liked the subtle look!
I added some washi from my stash to add a bit more color.

Another look at all three cards!
Let me know which one is your favorite.



enjoy!
~~ Yar

1 comment:

  1. Great job Yar these are all beautiful! It's hard to choose a favorite as I love them all. I have not used my distress oxides very much but seeing what you have done, I may just have to use them now. Look forward to your video. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete