Saturday, July 1, 2017

Father's Day Card 2017 & Background technique

Hola


It's been a while...new job, end of school year, life!
But here we are with a new card and a new technique: 
Using dies to create a background.

What I used:
Digi image by: 2CuteInk
Dies: Gina Marie Wonky Rectangles
Happy Father's Day die - from my stash
Boat and oars die - from my stash

The technique:
I love dies...They are one of my favorite tools.
 My justification is: If I can use it over & over it's worth my money!
So I ordered the boat and oars die 
and noticed it matched the Fishing cat digi by 2CuteInk. 
But the boat is large so I decided to use it as a background.  
I cut a few in kraft colored paper (Michaels) and loved how it looked.


I like the boats, but it needed something else to fill up the smaller spaces.  
I decided to add some oars...and loved it.


My image:
The image is from the May 2017 release of 2CuteInk.
I colored it back in May so I don't have the Copic colors I used. 
I used my Brother Scan & Cut 2 (great investment)  
to cut my image and went ahead and added a black border to it.
Check out the glimmer - Wink of Stella baby!

Inside:
I also decorated the inside of the card, 
here you can really appreciate the size and detail of these dies.


A final look at the finished card.

I am flying to Puerto Rico tonight to see my family. 
I am going to give my dad his card in person!!!
WOOHOOO!!!
The card is late, but I love it that I get to give it to him in person!!!
OK, time to finish packing!!

Hope you enjoyed the card and the background technique!!

Thanks for visiting!
Adiós,
--Yar




No comments:

Post a Comment