Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Blog post 2: How to create the labels (Avery 5287)

¡¡Hola!!

This is part 2 of my Organization week project.
As stated on my last blog post I wanted to add some information
to my stamp sets and I did so by adding address labels.

As usual I went to YouTube to learn how to create them, 
but didn't find a video I could follow along 
and create mine at the same time.  
As a result, I created this blog post and video (linked below).



Creating these labels was not hard, but it took me a little bit 
to get my groove on and make it look easy :)



  • What you will need to follow my printing process:

Avery labels 8257
Design & print software from Avery (free)
printer
Stamp list or catalog:  if you don't already have a list of all of your stamps, 
then you will be typing for a while.

time & patience :)

  • Process
Step 0:  Open your stamp list, have it ready! I kept mine on the right side of my screen 
               because I am a righty.  Yes, this is Step 0, because I was already typing step 7 when I 
               realized I needed this open :).  In engineering this is the equivalent of duct tape!

Step 1: Download the right software for your computer. Go to www.avery.com 
             On the template tab: choose Design & Print Software
             I have a Mac, so I chose Mac.

Step 2: Click on Avery to go back to HOME
             Now choose weather you want to print them yourself or have Avery print them.
            I chose the left option: I will print myself...Instant gratification!!!

Step 3: Scroll down:  Choose the project:  Address & Shipping Labels

Step 4: CRUCIAL STEP: Enter the product number : 8257.  So you get the right template!

Step 5: Choose the design you want printed on your table. I chose the blank one.

Step 6:  Once you have the right template...its time to get to work. 
               On the right side you have options to choose to edit one at a time or edit all.
               Choose EDIT ALL to start with, so that you can get all the font and size all set, and    
               even among all of the labels.

Step 7:  Do you have your stamp list?  
              Start typing or copy and paste from your stamp list.  
              By now you know what you want written on your stamp labels.
              I chose to add 4 pieces of information:
                    Stamp number & manufacturer = S-02 Stampin' Up
                    Stamp set's name & number of stamps in the set = Wild about you (8)
            
* Video tip:  In the video I show you how to mark your stamp list so you don't loose your place and end up creating 3 labels for the same stamp set.  hint: Bold the excel list after you have copied each name over to the Avery template!!  It takes a second to do and it's worth it.

Step 8: By having the EDIT ALL chosen, what I just typed will populate to every cell.
              Don't panic, that is okay!
              You will now edit the font type and font size.  I chose Georgia and 12.
              Now all of my 30 labels read the same and have the same font and font size and are   
              centered just the way I want it!  Do you have 30 of the same stamp set...nether do I.       
               So now we need to work on each label individually!

Step 9:  Change to EDIT ONE, click on the next cell and start working on S-03, then S-04, 
               then S-05......S-1,000,001 No judging from me :)

Step 10: You have typed in all 30 stamp names.  Now save and print - that is the next blog post!!!

Did I loose you???  
What the video!!!!  
It's worth it!!!!
btw: its the same video linked at the top of this post :)

Others tips and trick you will see in the video: 
How to save, where to save and where.  
Made a mistake...how to fix it!!

  • What if you don't want to use the Avery Address Labels?

$$$: Address labels are not the only way to do this, other options include 
using a label maker (I thought this option to be too expensive for me). 

$: A more economical option could be to type the information on Word or Excel 
and print that, you would need to cut each one and then glue or
 tape them using clear tape to your storage system.

Next blog post and video:
Now that you created the labels...How do you print them?

I do hope you found this helpful.  
This process made sense in my head :) 
and I tried to explain it the best I could.
If you don't get it..that is ok...everyone's brain works differently! 
No nasty comments please!
 There is no need for that!  
If you loved it, share the love with a nice comment!
Gracias!

Adiós,
--Yar


No comments:

Post a Comment