Thursday, January 5, 2017

How do you store your taller MFT stamps?

Hola!!

Happy New Year...Feliz Año Nuevo 2017

Organization is always a hot topic after the Holidays...
if you, like me, made it in the NICE list that is :)

Santa gifted me with several new stamp sets. 
Among them a few are from MFT, which tend to be a little taller than most.

The issue: The taller 4" x 8" MFT stamp sets do not fit in the regular pockets I currently use. 
 See picture below.


My current method of stamp storage: Avery Elle Stamp Storage pockets.
Avery Elle Pocket Size:  Approximately 5 3/8" x 7 1/4"

What to do?
Option 1: Buy larger pockets. MFT sells them.
Option 2: Make your own taller pocket. I made a video for this option.

Those two options are not really good for me at the moment,
since my Avery Elle pockets are in cubes, which height is set at 7 1/2".  
Soooo...taller pockets are a no go!

What do I do now?
- Make the MFT stamps fit into my current stamp pocket system!!

How?
Change the configuration of the stamp set to be wider instead of taller. 

hmmmmm....read below!!!
or watch the video
I made 2 videos :)

VIDEO 1


For this I re-arranged the stamps!!!

I tried to keep most in the same spot they were, 
that way I kept the integrity of the way the stamp set looked as best I could.
Then I repositioned the ones that were over the 7" mark.  


For this set I moved 6 of the stamps:
The elf with the gift,
the stocking,
I hope Santa spoils you rotten,
You are a friend like no-one elf
the snowflakes, and
the ornament.

This photo shows the AFTER and the BEFORE :)

Just in case a link to this video is here.  
Apparently the video cut off :( and yes I deleted the footage!

HOWEVER....
I also taped the process using MFT's Adorable Elephants!!!
The full video is here 

VIDEO 2:



In this videos I used the Precision Tool from WRMK.
Here is a video explaining how the tool works.
It's fantastic BTW!!!
:)


I hope you enjoyed this blog post
and the info in it helps as you get your new goodies organized.

Talk soon.
Adiós,
--Yar




No comments:

Post a Comment