Thursday, February 9, 2017

Lesson: Don't give up! Before & after cards

¡Hola!

Todays post is about perseverance, never giving up,
 and knowing when to ask for help.
As part of my Facebook Birthday Club 
I create 3 birthday cards a month.  
I am working on February's and 
I am having a hard time getting the creative juices flowing.
But I decided to start yesterday....
while I as having a massive migraine. :)

Card design was inspired by Amanda of the Crafty Pill on You Tube!

Attempt #1: Honestly, I was not loving it. 
It looked too plain for me. 
 I know it was missing something, but I couldn't figure it out.



What I used:

Stencil: Birthday Balloons by Echo Park
Clarity Brushes: because I can't blend distress inks 
to save my soul!
Mini Ranger Distress inks: shaded lilac, 
spun sugar, 
and squeeze lemonade 
Stamps set: MFT Adorable Elephants
Die 1: Lawn Fawn Stitched rectangles
Die 2: Gina Marie Designs Scallops Rectangle
Yellow Paper: SU Daffodil

So I needed help, and what better place than Facebook card-groups! 
And you guys came through!
Thanks to your advice, 
an Aleve (for the migraine),
and a good night's sleep this is what I came up with!


I like it much better! What do you think?

What I used to fix it:

I took it apart and placed the front panel on black. 
It needed some definition and anchoring;
 the black border did the trick.

Happy die: by Mama Elephant
Birthday stamp: SSS Circle Sayings
Tons of sequins 

I wanted to use the birthday from the Adorable Elephant set,
 but what do you know...
I couldn't find it while I was fixing the card.  
(I found it after though, right in its place).

Lesson of the day: Don't give up!
 Never throw away a project. 
Give it time, walk away, and know when to ask for help.

Hope you enjoyed the cards and the process!
Adiós,
~Yar




No comments:

Post a Comment