Welcome to my colorful life!
I have decided to share my crafty creations with you in the form of a blog!
Who am I?
- I am Yar (short for Yarissa) and I love to make cards, scrapbook, color, Filofax, and BuJo
- Also a lover of lists, pens, markers, papers, and pencils
- I am a wife to 1, a mother of 2, a daughter, a sister to 2, an aunt to 4, a cousin...you get the idea, I am a family woman and a Christian one at that.
- I am who I am because of my parents - mami, papi: I love you! Thanks for your indulgence in my crafty things! And lots of love to my hubby of 20 yrs- who pays for them now :)
- I am bilingual: Spanish-English
- I love school and learning...currently pursuing a PhD, which I should be working on instead of creating this blog :)
Why the name Giraffe Creations?
When I was growing up my brother thought I had really long legs, so he started calling me "jirafa" giraffe in Spanish. The joke is: I am only 4'11' :) Anyway the name stuck, I think it's cute, and it makes me smile each time I think of it. So, in 2001 when I created my first card I knew I wanted to use my nickname in some form, and that is how Giraffe Creations was born.
My blog is about ART!Why a Blog?
- I want to keep track of the cards/scrap pages I make. Creating a digital list (Blog) will help with that.
- In other words, this blog is going to act as my crafting journal.
- Here I will talk about Copic combos I am in love with. Digital stamps artist I am loving and other things I can't wait to share with you...other lovers of paper, ink, crafts, stamps. You get the idea.
Welcome to my blog! I thank you for taking the time to join in on the fun and to leave a kind comment if you choose to. Let's see where this new journey takes us! Buckle up it's going to be a colorful ride!
I can't wait to get started!
Thanks & adiós,